Don't Know If You'll Remember Me…

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
Need2bMe
the middle number please (7): 7

Don't Know If You'll Remember Me…

Post by Need2bMe »

Hi, Don't know if you'll remember me. I use to go by the name Love Starbucks and had written on this forum about 6 years ago. Let's see my younger daughter was 14 and she'll be 20 next month so ya, that's about right. I tried to get back on under the same name but it was a 'no go' and had to start over with a new name. (Hey, I'm drinking a new coffee anyway but I probably don't want to go by the name 'Granite Ledge' - the coffee I'm drinking nowadays). Anyway, I disappeared from the forum because my husband thought it would be best if I wasn't involved in so many things as we had gone back to the IC. We are now done with the IC. I feel as though we were shot in the foot by the very people who claim to love God. We've gone through some stuff last year with my husband finding out he had prostate and bladder cancer. That's when the truth came out as to who even cared about us. Not many. It broke my heart and when my husband found out about the way I was treated, he was done with the church as well. Ya, the tumor on the bladder was removed as was the prostate and he's doing well. Still dealing with some stuff pertaining to that but he's working full-time and all that.

So hey, I tried emailing Darin using different links that I've found on the blog but the emails bounced back to me as undeliverable. I had listened to a teaching of his and something he said was spot-on. Perhaps I'll write about it in another posting.

Looking forward to chatting…
“Christians have their own Jihads - holy wars. Instead though of killing people physically, they kill them with their words, with their rejection, with their hatred, with their hypocrisy. All in the name of what? Religion?” - ek
AidaC

Re: Don't Know If You'll Remember Me…

Post by AidaC »

Wow! This is amazing! I do remember you and I was thinking about you just this week and wondering how you were doing. I’m sorry that you and your husband had to go through what you’ve been through but I’m glad you’re back. I always loved reading your posts.

Your other account is still there but some of the older inactive accounts were deactivated. I can re-activate it but it sounds like you found a new username that works well for you. We now require that the first posts by new members be approved by a moderator. I’m sure that was confusing for you since it wasn’t a requirement when you first joined but we had a serious problem with spam a while ago so that requirement became a necessity in order to protect the forum and the website. I approved this post and deleted the duplicate. We may also have to approve your next post but, after that, you should be able to post freely.

I’m sorry that the church wasn’t supportive of you and your husband. It’s unfortunate but many groups don’t understand the gospel of love that Jesus preached. I hope you’ll find the encouragement that you need here on this board and I know we’ll be encouraged by what you have to share.

So, welcome back! You've been missed!

"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Need2bMe

Post by Need2bMe »

Hello dear Aida! I can't tell you how free I feel no with no IC. My husband and I were talking last night and we can't for the life of us remember what possessed us to go back to IC. I was reading my old posts these past few days and Man! I was quite humorous. :lol: I made myself laugh in reading my posts. BTW, that daughter in my first post here? She IS 20 and will be 21 next month. My bad.

I've been listening to Darin's new podcasts as well as going back as far as I can and listening to the old ones.

Thank you for the great welcome! :D
“Christians have their own Jihads - holy wars. Instead though of killing people physically, they kill them with their words, with their rejection, with their hatred, with their hypocrisy. All in the name of what? Religion?” - ek
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

We no longer go to church every week as we used to so I can totally understand the freedom you’re feeling. Life is super busy right now and I can’t justify to myself giving up every Sunday morning when time is at such a premium. You really were very funny and always helped to keep the forum interesting so I’m very glad that you’re back.
heather cassidy

Post by heather cassidy »

I have been able to speak with him via Facebook? Maybe give that a try x
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

heather cassidy wrote:I have been able to speak with him via Facebook? Maybe give that a try x
Heather, the post to which you responded had an unacceptable link on it so the post was deleted.