Darin in the Carolinas reflections

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
AidaC
the middle number please (7): 7

Darin in the Carolinas reflections

Post by AidaC »

What an wonderful time we had during Darin's visit to the Carolinas! Although I'd heard many of his stories before, it was fun to see the reaction of those who were new to this message. Of course, there was some resistance but, for the most part, there was an excitement and acceptance that was refreshing.

One of the most encouraging results of Darin's visit was to see the friendships that were formed. As I looked around the room, it was exciting to see people engrossed in conversation with one another. New friendships were formed and old ones strengthened and what was most meaningful to me was that none of it was orchestrated. It all happened spontaneously without any planning.

The governor of our state recently said that it was a new day in South Carolina and I believe, for many, it was as people gathered to hear the message of God's love and acceptance. Many will never be the same again.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Noblemen

Re: Darin in the Carolinas reflections

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:What an wonderful time we had during Darin's visit to the Carolinas! Although I'd heard many of his stories before, it was fun to see the reaction of those who were new to this message. Of course, there was some resistance but, for the most part, there was an excitement and acceptance that was refreshing.

One of the most encouraging results of Darin's visit was to see the friendships that were formed. As I looked around the room, it was exciting to see people engrossed in conversation with one another. New friendships were formed and old ones strengthened and what was most meaningful to me was that none of it was orchestrated. It all happened spontaneously without any planning.

The governor of our state recently said that it was a new day in South Carolina and I believe, for many, it was as people gathered to hear the message of God's love and acceptance. Many will never be the same again.
It is so great to get folks to come and hear how we really free, I know from experience that you will get resistence at times but the truth in time will set them free as well. A seed planted or a seed watered God knows.
I'm amazed that you can get a crowd, whats your secret, you tell folks that your on to something deep in God and they freak out immediately so used to being tied to law and know exactly what to do day in and day out very hard to reach people has been my experience.
Bless you for your work sis.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I've discovered that not everyone wants freedom. Unfortunately, freedom isn't free and many believe the cost is too high. There was a man there who is a church leader and he spoke to Darin at great lengths. He told Darin that he wanted to know what he knew. However, when informed of the cost, he hesitated and I believe that's the reaction of many people. I don't know if he's contacted Darin since then but he may have weighed the cost and decided that freedom is worth the price.

I also believe that many will turn away from freedom not even recognizing they're in bondage. However, as you said, all we can do is share life with them. The choice is still theirs and God will continue to draw them but he'll never override their freedom to choose.

We didn't have great crowds but I believe the people who were supposed to be there were there. God has many ways of getting to his people and he knows what it'll take to cause a response when someone is ready to receive more.
Noblemen wrote: Bless you for your work sis.
I'm just excited that I had the opportunity to bring this wonderful message of love and freedom to my community and that it was so well received. I try to do whatever I can to encourage the church to move forward and I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

After listening to others share their experiences following Darin's visit and comparing those experiences with my own, I've come to the conclusion that Darin is gifted as a "fire starter." As I've thought about the after effects of his visit, I'm seeing a number of fires that have started and that we're now having to learn how to navigate through.

The thought of fire scares people and, as I've been learning how to navigate through my fire, it's been scary but I've decided to trust that the Holy Spirit knows the way through and will lead me through it safely.

As believers, we've been taught that fire means God's JUDGEMENT. How scary is that! However, I've come to believe that fire represents purification. In the natural, fields are cleared with fire so that planting can take place and I believe it's the same with us. There's stuff that's held us back and I believe God sent a "fire starter" so that purification could begin in our lives. The process is disorienting at times but it's all good and, when we get to the other side, I believe that we'll know it's been worth it.
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:After listening to others share their experiences following Darin's visit and comparing those experiences with my own, I've come to the conclusion that Darin is gifted as a "fire starter." As I've thought about the after effects of his visit, I'm seeing a number of fires that have started and that we're now having to learn how to navigate through.

The thought of fire scares people and, as I've been learning how to navigate through my fire, it's been scary but I've decided to trust that the Holy Spirit knows the way through and will lead me through it safely.

As believers, we've been taught that fire means God's JUDGEMENT. How scary is that! However, I've come to believe that fire represents purification. In the natural, fields are cleared with fire so that planting can take place and I believe it's the same with us. There's stuff that's held us back and I believe God sent a "fire starter" so that purification could begin in our lives. The process is disorienting at times but it's all good and, when we get to the other side, I believe that we'll know it's been worth it.
In my opinion great observation of what could possibly be going on. It seems the Lord always sends a little shaking , no matter how sure our foundation is. Soul check maybe, who knows, but this I do know He is ever working with the believer.
He uses men like Darin (my opinion again) that He can lead.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Noblemen wrote:
In my opinion great observation of what could possibly be going on. It seems the Lord always sends a little shaking , no matter how sure our foundation is. Soul check maybe, who knows, but this I do know He is ever working with the believer.
I like the idea of "shaking." There are a lot of things that have attached themselves to us that are no longer a part of us. When the time is right, God will cause a shaking that will disengage that stuff and we have to allow them to fall away. It's never easy but it's a necessary part of our journey to wholeness.

Darin seems to be gifted in that area and, when he shows up, things just happen. However, God can work through many things as long as we're willing to allow him to begin the shaking.
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:
Noblemen wrote:
I like the idea of "shaking." There are a lot of things that have attached themselves to us that are no longer a part of us. When the time is right, God will cause a shaking that will disengage that stuff and we have to allow them to fall away. It's never easy but it's a necessary part of our journey to wholeness.

Darin seems to be gifted in that area and, when he shows up, things just happen. However, God can work through many things as long as we're willing to allow him to begin the shaking.
r

Yes I do agree Aida, the thing with Darin he has good insight, I hear that in the podcasts with him and his guests. Good speaker as well or should say a good teacher