Grace vs Suffering

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
leaso75581
the middle number please (7): 7

Grace vs Suffering

Post by leaso75581 »

I'm really struggling in this area. I've been going through financial issues ever since I got married (and no, I didn't accumulate any crazy debt with the wedding in case you're wondering-I'm aware folks do that). I know what the 'institutional me' would say about this... But now that I'm trying to walk in Grace, I have no idea WHAT to think. I'm aware that life isn't perfect and we all go through things, but I feel like within the last 3 years, life just isn't giving me a break-one thing after another!! I have no idea how to feel about all this. Any advice? :shock:
teresap

Re: Grace vs Suffering

Post by teresap »

Hi there,
It's a horrible place to be when you are worried about not having enough money and how to pay the bills so I sympathise with you.
But how you feel is how you feel, God is certainly big enough And loves you enough for you to tell him you are really fed up with all this. I don't think there is ever a situation where we need to feel that a particular response is called for from us, we feel what we feel. I think the most important thing is to admit to ourselves how we feel and not try to make our feelings and thoughts conform to how we think God wants us to be so my advice is just to admit how you truly feel.
Love Teresa x
If you ask God a question be prepared for him to lead you (very gently) outside of your comfort zone.
leaso75581

Re: Grace vs Suffering

Post by leaso75581 »

Thank you so much,
teresap wrote:Hi there,
It's a horrible place to be when you are worried about not having enough money and how to pay the bills so I sympathise with you.
But how you feel is how you feel, God is certainly big enough And loves you enough for you to tell him you are really fed up with all this. I don't think there is ever a situation where we need to feel that a particular response is called for from us, we feel what we feel. I think the most important thing is to admit to ourselves how we feel and not try to make our feelings and thoughts conform to how we think God wants us to be so my advice is just to admit how you truly feel.
Love Teresa x
@Teresap.... That really helps