Changing Seasons

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
AidaC
the middle number please (7): 7

Changing Seasons

Post by AidaC »

Where I live, the seasons are transitioning from winter to spring. Technically, spring has already begun but we're still occasionally experiencing cold winter weather. A few night ago, we had a freeze warning and, when I woke up the next morning, the temperature was 34°. This transition time is frustrating since I'm never sure what to wear and my body balks at the constant changing temperatures and weather conditions.

I've discovered that the seasons of my life follow a similar pattern. Right now, I'm experiencing a major change in my life as an important season seems to be coming to a close. It's been stressful as I've dealt with the emotions of loss in having to give up a season that I've loved and enjoyed. I thought this part of my life would never end and now to view it as part of a changing season has been difficult. Understanding that what I'm experiencing is a changing season has made it easier. Throughout my life, I've lived through many changing seasons and, while some have been more difficult than others, in the end when I let go of the old season and moved forward, I ended up in a better place.

Following the changing seasons can be stressful but it can also be exciting as I see the adventures of the new season opening up. I know I'll have to give up some things that I've loved in order to make room for the new but I understand that I can't move forward if I'm still holding on to the old. Right now, I can't fully see the better place but I'm finally starting to trust that it's up ahead so instead of continuing to mourn the passing of the old, I intend to trust God and fully embrace the new in my life.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
eagle77
the middle number please (7): 7

Re: Changing Seasons

Post by eagle77 »

I’m sorry that you are going through a rough time right now. You are very intelligent and have a wise disposition towards life – I know this will help you deal with whatever you are facing. It’s hard not knowing what’s ahead. I know when I moved out of state to come back home, I was scared to death. I left a great job; a city I loved living in, my friends - I knew I would be moving back to a place I hate. But I felt my sister needed me, and despite all of these things, looking back I feel I made the right decision.

It has been a new season for me as well. I think when I finally let go of the idea of the life I once had, and accepted that it was over, it became easier for me. I won’t lie to you – time to time I get a down. It’s so hard to let go of something or way of living you have known for so long, but it will become easier to deal with in time. There have been some extremely hard challenges here (I’ve mentioned some here on the FBN forum), and I really don’t know what’s going to happen in my life. I think your determination to trust God despite the unknowns will give you the strength to endure this loss – and I believe He will see you through this. New doors and opportunities will come, and you may just find yourself more happy than with what you left behind.