"Trump 2016"

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
AidaC
the middle number please (7): 7

Re: "Trump 2016"

Post by AidaC »

Hi Mark. I appreciate you posting from your heart and I agree with much of what you've said. No group of peoples is exempt from trying to control and abuse others. It's not a tendency that belongs to only one group of people. Whichever group is on top of the pile will have a tendency to try to control others. Like you, I was once an avid leftist but as the left has become more and more radicalized, my beliefs have remained in the middle of the road and I favor what is now considered conservative values. I try not to become one dimensional in my thinking so my concerns about where we're heading as a nation are many and varied.
Mark wrote:
I don't know why, but while I didn't expect full agreement, I also didn't anticipate having to explain or defend this stuff quite so much and thought a few people would also chime in that don't appear to be coming around anymore.

Sorry to bring my bad vibes in here.
Don't feel like you have to defend your personal beliefs to any of us. We all view things from our own personal perspective and experiences and that's okay. Maybe by sharing we can all grow together to be the body of Christ using our unique gifts to help and encourage.

However, I can relate to what you've said. Whenever I post how I'm learning to live life positively, I expect a backlash and I almost always get one. I understand that online communication is difficult and, even though I think I've made myself clear, it's obvious people don't always understand what I'm saying and read into it things I never said but that's just the nature of forums and online groups. Fortunately, I'm learning to not allow it to affect me and just move on. At one time, I would have dropped out hurt and that's never the answer. We have some people who come on here and just read but never post and what you've shared can be an encouragement to them even if they don't say anything so don't stop sharing from your heart. We need you here.
Jac wrote:I just see extremism on both sides of the fence as unproductive.
I totally agree which is why I try to stay in the middle of the road but things have shifted so far left in my country that it's hard sometimes to figure out where the actual middle is which is why as believers I believe that we need to unite our hearts together even when we disagree on the issues.

Eagle77, I appreciate you sharing from your perspective. I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well physically. Please keep us posted. If there's anything we can do to encourage you, please let us. I hope you'll feel better soon.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Jac

Post by Jac »

AidaC wrote:
However, I can relate to what you've said. Whenever I post how I'm learning to live life positively, I expect a backlash and I almost always get one. I understand that online communication is difficult and, even though I think I've made myself clear, it's obvious people don't always understand what I'm saying and read into it things I never said but that's just the nature of forums and online groups. Fortunately, I'm learning to not allow it to affect me and just move on. At one time, I would have dropped out hurt and that's never the answer. We have some people who come on here and just read but never post and what you've shared can be an encouragement to them even if they don't say anything so don't stop sharing from your heart. We need you here.
Just want to clarify if my questions, beliefs, way of thinking and concerns come across as "backlash". I am extremely sorry if that is so. Nothing is ever meant like that. I know I don't express myself as well as others on here. I just am who I am and I hoped there is a place for us all. I enjoy reading and thinking about what others say, whether positive or negative and whether I agree or not and again I am so sorry if I have missed the true purpose of the forum.
eagle77

Post by eagle77 »

Thank you Aida - I appreciate the kind words. Stress is part of it, and has taken a toll on my body, along with other medical issues. It has been a rough go lately for me, but I seem to be a getting a little better these days.

I very much agree with what you said about online communication. I have the feeling if we were all in some restaurant talking over a cup of coffee, that our discussion would clear up a good deal of misconstrued expressions. It is just one of the cons of online communication, but as I said before, this forum has been invaluable to me. I am so glad to a least know that there are others who feel the same or similar as I do about religion (not God - because I totally distinguish the two). I know we do not always agree, but despite political or social differences, this is paramount to me. We are all part of God's family.

Jac, you are doing just fine. :D I don't think Aida was referring to you when she mentioned "backlash" - I think she just meant it is often an inevitable consequence that comes along with posting our opinions. I am blessed by your postings actually - you have raised so many issues that I can relate to. I think you express yourself very well and is always polite and eloquent in your post. You have not in any way misinterpret the purpose of the forum, and I hope you will continue to post.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Thank you eagle77 for your understanding and encouragement. Very much appreciated.
Jeff of Hydes

Post by Jeff of Hydes »

It seems to be a good time to trust God, especially the person of Christ, in light of the fact that politicians will never match Him in trustworthiness.
It is normal to be worried and concerned under the circumstances of this campaign season. And all the other dark things in our world.
As I said it is a good time to trust Christ and maybe shake a little less hard in our boots?
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I agree. No matter how this election turns out, there are going to be difficult days ahead but I've chosen to believe that God is right there with us in the middle of this mess. It may not turn out the way I would like for it to turn out, but I have to trust God. When I start to get nervous, I change my focus and don't allow myself to be dragged down into despair. Trusting God gives me hope that in the end, it's going to be okay.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Jeff of Hydes

Post by Jeff of Hydes »

I know a good number of missionaries who for all intents and purposes have given up life in the USA for that of third world countries. Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Mali.
Anyway, political powers, economics, danger etc that cause many Americans to quake or at least get really agitated and concerned are nothing compared to the daily existence in those places.
Jeff of Hydes

Post by Jeff of Hydes »

I must admit I was surprised last night. It seemed that the major network analysts were as well. At least the ones who were not republican strategists.
I am not a fan of Donald Trump.
I was not wild about the idea of Hillary Clinton either, though it is not because of her gender.
I kind of liked Kasick of Ohio though I really can't say I knew much about him. He just seemed rational and not a total idiot. I had hoped that pretty early on when Trump was just starting to pull away in the primaries that three of the candidates, perhaps Kasick, Rubio and Cruz could get together and select one of themselves and the other two put their support behind the chosen one and drop out. So that Trump wouldn't win the nomination. But that was too much to ask.
We shall see. I have to hope there is some semblance of the "checks and balances" of the system still functioning. And that even if it is by mistake Trump gets some good people into the cabinet and as advisors.
I think the country can certainly survive and there is always the chance that the country more on the efforts of regular people pick up the weight and figure how to get along with one another no matter what happens at the helm for now.
free2behis

Post by free2behis »

If anyone believes that God still gives insight through prophecy...

a'la old testament type stuff, look up Fireman's trump prophecy 2011. The guy had this prophetic word in 2011, and when Trump didn't run in 2012, he though maybe he had been hearing things, he forwarded it to one person at that time, if I remember correctly, but didn't talk about it again until Trump announced. You want to talk about dead on? Damn. He said in his prophecy that every time the forces of darkness I.E. the media, the parties, the globalists would attack him, that his popularity would increase, and it happened exactly that way.

Now go look up the simpsons episode from like 2004 where Trump is president. He is seen coming down the escalator almost exactly the way he actually did. Same wave, same position with his wife, and there is a guy holding a sign that falls as he gets about half way down the escalator in the simpson's episode, and almost exactly the same in real life. Downright freaky.
Meditating and reflecting on the experience of having a mind...
Jac

Post by Jac »

I do believe in coincidence that doesn't really mean anything. People predict all sorts of things so there is a chance some of the myriads and myriads of predictions will come true! (We are not inclined to notice or read anything into the ones that don't!)

Not to say God didn't speak to that guy for some special reason concerning his journey or that of others. I just don't think it is common. I personally haven't experienced being spoken to in this way.

Not meaning to say my experiences, which time builds upon, or my beliefs, which are changing as time goes on anyway, are the way others have to see things.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Sorry but I think Trump is a force for darkness himself! None of my business though because I am not American. Mind you I predict world changing effects and not mostly for the better. That is just me. Not a special prophecy or anything.
Jeff of Hydes

Post by Jeff of Hydes »

I think Trump is a man without a foundation. At least not a rational one that leads to positive ideas and plans.
I believe the best response would be for people to react to what he says by being better. In America, for instance, for more and more of the population to choose to come to know one another. For people to choose to know others of different races and ethnicities and viewpoints and ages etc.
I think if we make the effort to know one another we will come to see the sameness and humanity of one another and learn to be okay with the cultural differences and allowing other viewpoints to co-exist.
I think it would be a more powerful outcome than relying on a President to make it so, or to insist on policies to make it so. Those things could be good and help, but I think many of us could reject what is wrong and choose what is right and that would be a real change and real positiveness.
free2behis

Post by free2behis »

Jeff of Hydes wrote:I think Trump is a man without a foundation. At least not a rational one that leads to positive ideas and plans.
I believe the best response would be for people to react to what he says by being better. In America, for instance, for more and more of the population to choose to come to know one another. For people to choose to know others of different races and ethnicities and viewpoints and ages etc.
I think if we make the effort to know one another we will come to see the sameness and humanity of one another and learn to be okay with the cultural differences and allowing other viewpoints to co-exist.
I think it would be a more powerful outcome than relying on a President to make it so, or to insist on policies to make it so. Those things could be good and help, but I think many of us could reject what is wrong and choose what is right and that would be a real change and real positiveness.
Yeah...

good luck with that at this point in human history.

I am amazed at how many people "Hate" because they are told to. When we look at the 24/7 non stop stream of mind altering bullshit that comes out of our TV's, (the power of the air as in the "prince of the power of the air" maybe?)it is easy to see how many people get there, but hard to figure out how so many have stopped thinking for themselves.

I live in eastern tennessee, and some of you may know about the fires in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, and how they decimated the area. Some of the tweets that have been put out there about how the people of Tennessee deserve this, and the hopes that the whole state would burn up because the state voted overwhelmingly for Trump. One of our own, formerly anyway, Arthyron (Raleigh) recently told me in a facebook argument he would be happier if everyone from my generation (baby boomers) were all dead, that all of the world's problems were our fault, and then defriended me. Over a presidential election? It boggles my mind.

I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise. The scripture pretty much lays out how things would be in later times, in that people will lose their humanity: "The love of many will grow cold" I think is how Jesus put it.
Meditating and reflecting on the experience of having a mind...
Jac

Post by Jac »

People love to blame others suffering misfortune as if they somehow deserve their suffering. This often comes from any viewpoint; while being a common reaction among Christians of all persuasions, it is just as common outside Christian thinking. It reflects the sad lack of empathy in so many people. Empathy looks outside our narrow viewpoints and feels for others. This can hurt or at least take us out of our comfort zones. The more self centered and selfish people become the less empathy is found. People incapable of empathy are capable of anything.
I like what Jeff said, "I believe the best response would be for people to react to what he says by being better." It made me think how we could often respond this way to the words of others.
So sorry to hear what is being said about the people of Tennessee. That is cruel. It is such a scary thing to see people wishing such misfortune on others they disagree with.
Jeff of Hydes

Post by Jeff of Hydes »

I understand that it seems unlikely there would be a massive change in our society, or the human race itself.
I think that for me the point isn't the numbers. I can't make everyone do the right thing. I have some control over myself though.
And individuals can make choices. Even if it were hopeless to expect our world to become better that doesn't change my or any individual's responsibility.
There will always be haters. There will always be some really good people. There will always be those in the middle. Perhaps some of those in the middle could ooooch their way over to the better side?