It's Going to Be Okay

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
AidaC
the middle number please (7): 7

It's Going to Be Okay

Post by AidaC »

I know that some of our members have a problem with me saying "It's going to be okay" and I understand that. However, I've found that faith for me is trusting God no matter how things work out. Others may live their lives of faith differently and that's okay but this is what I've learned works for me. I found the following quote on Facebook and it beautifully explains how I've chosen to live my life.

"Faith is not about everything turning out okay. Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out."
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Jac

Re: It's Going to Be Okay

Post by Jac »

All good, Aida. I am glad you find peace that way.

I just feel too much for others, like the little boy tortured over some months and murdered. Can't see how he could have been ok as he went through that. Breaks my heart. How exactly do you cope with those things? I am sorry I can't be ok while in a world where that and myriads of other awful things happen to fellow human beings daily. To me it feels kind of self-centred. I am sure that is not what you mean but I just can't get my head (or heart) around it.

What exactly does "trust God" even mean? It can't mean that God approves of evil where He doesn't intervene. I can only trust that He weeps with us.

Does "faith to be ok no matter how things work out" preclude weeping, heartache, sorrow, feeling pain, suffering, and empathising with others going through those things and more? Does it mean not caring no matter how things are for others because they should just have faith?

I am not meaning to in any way be critical of how others interpret and practise faith. I am glad when others are comfortable in their beliefs. I just ask too many questions and I think (hope!) God is ok with that too.
AidaC

Re: It's Going to Be Okay

Post by AidaC »

Believing that God's got my back and I can trust him in any situation I may be facing has worked better for me than anything else I've tried. Everything else I've tried before left me hopeless and defeated but trusting God has set me free in a way that eluded me for years.

Thank you for your comment, Jac. I'm glad you've found a way of living out your faith that works for you. You've asked some questions and maybe someone else can answer them for you but I started this thread simply hoping that what I've shared would be an encouragement to others who may still be struggling to find their way. I don't have any answers. I simply want to encourage.

I made the decision to live this way several years ago after listening to one of Darin's podcasts. If anyone is interested, here's the link to the podcast that resulted in what for me has been a life changing decision.

http://freebelievers.com/podcast-info/w ... o-it-alone
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley