Hi! My name is...

Share your experiences learning to live "In the Wild"
Ann Onymous
the middle number please (7): 7

Hi! My name is...

Post by Ann Onymous »

Ann.

Welcome to the Free Believers Forum!

Please share a little about yourself here!
“But you can’t access God through the intellect, It’s got to be through the heart. It’s been my experience that when you intellectualize the divine, you’re gonna get your a$$ kicked.” - Billy Corgan
onyx

Re: Hi! My name is...

Post by onyx »

Yeah Gidday. I'm Onyx, and I'm a recovering mentalfundalist pentecostal charismatic Kiwi. Wheew!

You may have seen me around if you frequent the TGJ forums too.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Hi Onyx. I visit TGJ occasionally and I've seen you there but I didn't know you were a Kiwi. How nice and we'll forgive you for the other stuff. :lol:

I'm glad you're here and I hope you'll continue to share more of your journey with us. I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts so welcome.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
onyx

Post by onyx »

Thanks Aida, especially for the forgiveness :lol:
Can I just say too: Good on ya for being the ONLY grandma I have ever come across that moderates a web Forum! (I'm in IT, and practically live on the web). If you ever need any help with technical issues you can direct them to me. :ugeek:
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Thanks, onyx. Ann is our administrator and we also have someone who maintains the forum and keeps us running so fortunately I don't have to get involved with any of that. When I joined this forum, I didn't have any idea of becoming a moderator but overall it's an easy job since the members here are so wonderful and gracious.

However, this grandma also has a blog and I might take you up on that. Periodically I have to figure out something with my blog and it helps to have someone who's technical.

I describe myself as being technologically challenged. Computers used to scare me but since I started my blog over a year ago and then joined this forum, I've learned a lot. This is one of the areas where I've stepped out of the box and am living free and enjoying it.
onyx

Post by onyx »

Here's a good Kiwi-ism for you: Sweet As! Translation: Great, happy to help :D
onyx

Post by onyx »

sweet-liberation wrote:Onyx, from one "recovering mentalfundalist pentecostal charismatic"(lol) to another, welcome!
Thanks!

It makes me wonder: what religion produces the most free believers? Time for a new thread...
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

afuturehope wrote:Hi everyone,

my name is Julie from Australia and I'm really looking forward to joining this forum. I really like what I see so far and have got a lot out of reading the posts.
Look forwards to meeting you all on here over time.

Julie
Julie, Hi!

You made it. I'm so glad. I sent you a welcome but I didn't realize it was you. I know you'll like it here. Just look around at some of the discussions especially the ones under General Discussions. I think you'll find them helpful and, of course, just join in as you feel comfortable.

Hi everybody!

Julie's my friend and you'll fall in love with her as I have.
sparklyeyesofwonder

Post by sparklyeyesofwonder »

Hey Julie...,
Welcome,
This is such a great place.. We enjoy each other so much..
Feel free to share...
Wish you were here...
CHeatherS
the middle number please (7): 9

Post by CHeatherS »

Welcome Julie!!!! Join in the conversations! I know I can speak for the rest, we can't wait to hear your stories, and get to know you!!!!!

Love
Heather
marie

Post by marie »

Moriah,

A lot of us have come to FBN via TGJ. Many of us listen to the podcast. They are like our nearest kin and we love them. There seemed to be a lot of tiresome debating going on that forum for a time. Seems to have subsided. I read there sometimes and notice there's a lot of love & understanding at the moment. I'm glad. The conversations there have blessed me. You are welcome here Moriah.
CHeatherS

Post by CHeatherS »

Yes Moriah, Marie speaks very well to what I feel too. I started out a TGJ and still love the podcasts and the conversations there, although I had lost a bit of engagement when the debating started. I think most of the argumentative folks have gotten bored and moved on however, bless their souls. It's fun to meet at different places, the same good hearted folks!!!

Glad to see you here!!!

Love
Heather
danarox

Post by danarox »

Dana. My name is Dana, Hi. :) I've posted a couple of times. Just thought I'd make the proper introduction. ;) I found the Free Believers website through Family Room Media, about 10 months ago, it was listed in their links page. A little about me, let's see, I'm single, no kids, live in California, I've been out of the IC approx 1 1/2yrs. Nice to meet you all, here and on Facebook ofcourse. -Dana
sparklyeyesofwonder

Post by sparklyeyesofwonder »

Welcome, Dana
Where in ca do you live?
I live near Sacramento..
Wish you were here...
danarox

Post by danarox »

I live in a little city called Santa Maria, about 3 hours North of Los Angeles, it's probably most famous for the Michael Jackson trial that happened awhile ago. It's located along the coast, probably 5-10 miles from the ocean.