Help with Images, Avatars, etc.

Discuss movies, literature, music, healthy living, parenting and all other general subjects.
Ann Onymous
the middle number please (7): 7

Re: Help with Images, Avatars, etc.

Post by Ann Onymous »

CHeatherS wrote:If you ladies need some help fighting spam, let me know.

Heather
I will. So far I finally got a couple of measures in place. I'm a newbie with forum admin, and although I know some, I sure don't know all, lol.

But, should this ever happen again, expect a PM :D
“But you can’t access God through the intellect, It’s got to be through the heart. It’s been my experience that when you intellectualize the divine, you’re gonna get your a$$ kicked.” - Billy Corgan
Ann Onymous

Post by Ann Onymous »

Love Starbucks wrote:this has been going on for awhile but I thought I'd try it again today. Thank you, Ann.

Yeah, I've received pm's and emails, and I thought it was a file problem (file to big, etc) but I have certain files on my computer that are avatar ready, and I even tried to do my current avatar (which was formatted for this site) and it wouldn't load. I'm not sure what the deal is, and I can't fix it anyway, the webmaster will have to.

Sorry that I didn't get the clue :( If you ever receive a redirect to an error page, please let me know that you were 1) redirected and 2) what the message says, as best you can remember. That will make it a little easier for me. I thought you all were getting an error message on screen within the program. But a redirect usually means that script is running funny, and I can't fix those things.

Thanks for keeping me updated!
“But you can’t access God through the intellect, It’s got to be through the heart. It’s been my experience that when you intellectualize the divine, you’re gonna get your a$$ kicked.” - Billy Corgan
Ann Onymous

Post by Ann Onymous »

Yep, I think this may have been the problem for a while. I sent the webmaster an email, hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
Ann Onymous

Post by Ann Onymous »

Ok everyone, the avatar uploader is FIXED!! I did try this myself and it worked. So it should be working now.
Arthyron

Post by Arthyron »

I thought the 6kb limit on avatars was a bit stringent. I had to mess with photoshop for probably 20-30 minutes to get mine just under that size. Increasing it even to 10 kb would have been just fine. What I ended up having to do was decrease the image to 80 x 80 pixels, convert to .gif format, and limit the color palette to 100 colors, which put me at about 5.8 kb. So if you are able and willing, I would request that the limitation be raised to at least 10 kb, rather than 6.
"He who kneels before יֵשׁוּע can stand before anyone."
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Arthyron wrote:I thought the 6kb limit on avatars was a bit stringent. I had to mess with photoshop for probably 20-30 minutes to get mine just under that size. Increasing it even to 10 kb would have been just fine. What I ended up having to do was decrease the image to 80 x 80 pixels, convert to .gif format, and limit the color palette to 100 colors, which put me at about 5.8 kb. So if you are able and willing, I would request that the limitation be raised to at least 10 kb, rather than 6.
Our former moderator, Ann, was the one who gave all of the explanations. I'm pretty clueless about the whole thing but I can check with her and see if that's possible. I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

BTW, we're glad you're here. I've enjoyed reading your story and I'm glad you've been participating and sharing your thoughts with us so, welcome.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Arthyron

Post by Arthyron »

Thanks a lot, Aida, glad to be among friends! :)
"He who kneels before יֵשׁוּע can stand before anyone."