Music Is It Neutral

Discuss movies, literature, music, healthy living, parenting and all other general subjects.
radio roswell
the middle number please (7): 7

Re: Music Is It Neutral

Post by radio roswell »

Sorry Naomi, not a Celine fan so never heard it. 8-)

Somewhere around here we started a thread on ( and I really hate using this term) what secular... :roll: ( gag) songs could be worship Church songs....we could start another..I really don't think there's a distinction in what God desires to use for someone. It's music.
Every time you speak your mind is on parade.
NaomiStar

Post by NaomiStar »

Yes Radio Roswell, a forum suggesting uplifting and encouraging music would be great. For people like me specially since I've never listen to anything outside the religious market. My hubby has had more exposure to non-relegious music and when he hears a song he sees has a good message, he lets me know. Now, thanks to places like iTunes we can find almost any song without having to buy the album. I'll see if there is a thread dedicated to suggestions, if not I'll start one :D thanks for the idea.

By the way, I think I found the thread you were talking about :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=681

But I think it would be nice to have one just dedicated to music. :D
He Meets You Where You Are.
radio roswell

Post by radio roswell »

YES !, Naomi...good research ! You found it. Yeah...start another one...look that one over too when you get a chance it was a really good discussion. 8-)
Every time you speak your mind is on parade.
WildernessWillie

Post by WildernessWillie »

Thank you to everyone who posted in this topic. Re-reading your posts today was really encouraging and has helped me answer my questions concerning music. Recently I’ve been listening to some older (70’s & 80’s) music. I think I can finally listen to some of that old 70’s rock and roll without the condemnation of the IC in the back of my mind. While there is still some music (screaming metal) I don’t and never really liked. I finally feel free to enjoy a mixed bag (genre) of music. Thanks again and God bless you all
WW
“We were never supposed to allow the world (culture or society) to call the shots for the church! In fact, the two should be in direct conflict with each other.” Milt Rodriguez
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Hi Willie. I'm glad what was shared was helpful. Thanks for letting us know.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley