Free Believing Creative Arts

Discuss movies, literature, music, healthy living, parenting and all other general subjects.
Ann Onymous
the middle number please (7): 7

Free Believing Creative Arts

Post by Ann Onymous »

Welcome to the place where you can share your creativity. Feel free to share painting, sculpture, and anything creative here!!
“But you can’t access God through the intellect, It’s got to be through the heart. It’s been my experience that when you intellectualize the divine, you’re gonna get your a$$ kicked.” - Billy Corgan
AidaC

Re: Free Believing Creative Arts

Post by AidaC »

I'm not at all creative but I bet we even have some poets in the group so this would be a good place to also share poetry.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
marie

Post by marie »

This is something I did today of just a word, "rejuvenation". I did it in pen & ink then colored & altered it a bit on the computer. That word has been stuck with me since listening to the most recent podcast when it came up in something Darin quoted. I like how it means to "become young again". Or to go back/return to an original form.

I know it may look a bit like something off an album cover or maybe a sort of spa treatment, but it's got that "growing" feeling to it.

Happy Monday Y'all.
CHeatherS
the middle number please (7): 9

Post by CHeatherS »

Oh thanks Marie!!!! I love how everything you do has life in it..... both in spirit and in the physical. Do you notice that? Even the end of this vining, growing word.... there is green. And I love that it's a word that has such meaning. You have really inspired me so much..... keep it up girl!! I will be pondering this "return to a original form"..... even Elijah was instructed to "go back the way he came"...... Good stuff.

Love
Heather
marie

Post by marie »

Thanks Heather!
I just wanted to put up something simple, free believer related, because 1)this topic was looking a little neglected and 2)to inspire others to post something- a poem, a drawing, a revelation- it doesn't have to be complicated or elaborate. I know it's out there! It's in YOU.

Cheryl Marie
marie

Post by marie »

Yeh, it's me again. I said on another thread that I would put this up.

This is what happens when you paint and listen to talks on "insitutional mindsets". Ha! :)
Maybe I'll say more about it later.
ben

Post by ben »

My painting of church: (may offend:)

http://benkeysart.squarespace.com/paint ... -1/1786693
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

ben wrote:My painting of church: (may offend:)

http://benkeysart.squarespace.com/paint ... -1/1786693
I got a good laugh out of this. It's a sad but true picture of the performance that goes on every Sunday morning in most groups. I don't enjoy television and I don't enjoy the Sunday morning thing either.

You've found a very creative way to express the foolishness of religion. Thanks for sharing your gift of satire with us.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
marie

Post by marie »

Hey Ben,

I don't think anyone here would be offended. I like them. It's a good cultural commentary, and a true one. I clearly see how Dunkin Donuts fits into this vicious cycle. I look forward to seeing their evolution, as perhaps one day, the Tv is replaced with something else..... A real head?

Keep painting!

marie
wildmommy

Post by wildmommy »

Well I am not particularly artistic myself but someone posted this link on another online group I am on and I thought this photography was absolutely beautiful! I like it when people capture the beauty of God's creation in a unique way.
http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/gallery/

Kirsten
sparklyeyesofwonder

Post by sparklyeyesofwonder »

Hey Cheryl, are you coming to Phoenix in Feb?? Maybe we could make some 1st annual free believer's get together shirts(or something much more creative) using some of you artwork....What do you think???? I so love your work...
Wish you were here...
lionwoman

Post by lionwoman »

Great laugh, Ben :lol: Kirsten, those pictures are so beautiful. Ocean life is my favorite genre (sp?). Marie, I'm hoping to work it out to be there... I'd love it if you were there too. :)
I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is. - Forrest Gump
tangotildawn

Post by tangotildawn »

Here is a link to some of my art pieces. I will be constantly updating this site. :D I love to draw, and used to be all tied up trying to figure out how to express myself through art and be christian, it's a good thing my parents knew better than to let me stay all tied up like that.
http://community.how-to-draw-and-paint. ... ontributor
wildmommy

Post by wildmommy »

Nice to see you hear tangotildawn ;)

I wasn't able to see your link unless I created a username and password. Do I have to do that or was the link bad?

Kirsten
Cynthia Clack

Post by Cynthia Clack »

I am an emerging artist, only having discovered this passion in the past couple of years. Here is a piece I did a few months ago called Faithful Lamenting:

Inspired by Lament by The Dirt and the Flood (http://www.myspace.com/thedirtandtheflood)

I am captivated by the concept of lamenting and the role it plays in our faith walk. Originally, I wanted to do this piece in grays, browns, muted colors to represent the lamenting. But , as I began to work, the rich colors that I love would not leave. Then I realize that in my moments of lament, there was still belief, there was still faith. A paradox, I know, but most of my journey with God has been full of those seemingly contradictions. I believe it is an added burden to interpret our lamentations as a lack of faith. The color is there as a reminder that the tears of lament can still be full of faith.
Cynthia

wife of one, mother nine times over, grandmother of two
emerging artist, sporadic blogger, reluctant homemaker,
lifelong learner, follower of Jesus.

http://alifeprofound.wordpress.com
http://cynthiaclack.wordpress.com