The Incomparable Christ

Discuss movies, literature, music, healthy living, parenting and all other general subjects.
Bull of the Woods

The Incomparable Christ

Post by Bull of the Woods »

I am reading "The Incomparable Christ" by J. Oswald Sanders.
For about the third or fourth time.
I obviously really like it.
He presents chapters covering a whole lot of who Christ is, and what He has done, and is doing, and will do.
There is a great poem or two opening each chapter.
What I like is it really does focus on Christ without presenting an agenda. At least in my opinion.
I find it upifting, encouraging. Its a great read to put your mind on Christ without a lot of extraneous baggage. I have never read any part of it and came away perturbed or troubled, excepting perhaps wishing I could know Him more fully than I do. Not feeling that is a crime, just feeling like knowing Him more and more.

I would encourage anyone to read this. The chapters are short and confined to a specific topic, so you can read in only ten minute bits if you want.

And if anyone does read it, we could discuss it here.

I put in a link to the reader section on it in Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/The-Incomparable- ... 080245660X
Bull of the Woods

Re: The Incomparable Christ

J. Oswald Sanders writes from a perspective that I pretty much completely identify with. That what the scriptures say of Christ is true. That within the bible more than just the New Testament, more than just the Gospels, there is much that speaks of Him. That to a large degree the beautiful, overwhelmingly impressive things we can know of Him are found there.
The person of Christ is eternal, knowable, beautiful, accomplished.
His grace is rich.

Sanders writes in a way the builds up our love of Christ.
Bull of the Woods

Re: The Incomparable Christ

John 6:66-69

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

I was thinking, as I have been on the person of Christ, what a place to be, spiritually. When the question arises of turning elsewhere from Christ, the answer is "where else could I go?" spoken with the absolute confidence that there is no where else to go and live as we do in Him. I love that Peter in one of his genuinely truthful outbursts says "We have come to believe" and adds the even stronger "and to know that you are the Holy One of God".