Arizona

Find Free Believers in your area!
Diane
the middle number please (7): 7

Re: Arizona

Post by Diane »

Anyone in the Tucson area? We're from Canada spending a few weeks in Tucson with our two boys. Would love to meet free believers around here!
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I don't know how close Tucson is to Phoenix but there's a large group of Free Believers in Phoenix and they occasionally get together as a group. If you'd like more information, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to connect you with them.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
Diane

Post by Diane »

Yes, Aida, I'd like that. Thanks!
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Diane, I'll contact them and get back to you as soon as I can. Are you on Facebook?
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Posted by Darin on Facebook

I'll be in Phoenix Arizona May 1st through the 4th. We're having a get together for anyone who is interested. You can contact me at darinhufford12@gmail.com or contact Teri Undreiner. Can't wait to see you all:)
FiveCentFather

Post by FiveCentFather »

Well, it appears I JUST missed Darin. :(

My wife an I are recently new "free believers". I've been going through this journey away from institutional church for about 3 years now. In the course of doing so, my entire faith and worldview has been radically shifted. I've been HOPING for a while now to find a church or fellowship of believers in the Phoenix area to get together with at least on an occasional basis. I was happy to find this site today, and this forum. Aida, I noticed where you asked another member to PM you. I would love to be put in contact with like-minded individuals as well, but could not figure out how to PM you. I could also email you or if you could give me the email address of someone I could contact directly that would be great.

Thank you for providing this resource for us. I must say when you step away from the church you feel a bit unsteady. If it wasn't for my network of Facebook friends, I would not have kept my sanity during this time of transition. But I'm feeling it's time to get together with some "real" folks for fellowship and working together as Jesus would have us do - to be His hands and feet.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Hi Five Cent. I’m sorry you missed Darin when he was in Phoenix recently but I’m glad you found us.

Darin’s desire in starting this forum was to help free believers connect with others who are on a similar journey. There are a number of great free believers in Phoenix so, as soon as I speak to her, I’ll send you the contact information for the one who arranges periodic get togethers.

To send a PM, go to the top right hand corner and click on “Private messages.” When the new window opens, click on “Find a member” to search for my name. Add a subject, type the message and, when you’re done, submit it. In your message, please give me your name so I can let my friend know who you are when she hears from you.
FiveCentFather

Post by FiveCentFather »

When I click on "Private messages" there is no option for "Find a member". When I click on Compose a New Message, I'm told I don't have access to that feature at this time. :(

Any other ideas?
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I think it's because you're a new member. A while ago, we had a severe problem with spam so now the first couple of posts by new members have to approved by a moderator before they will post. I've approved both your posts so I think you should now have full member rights and you should be able to send private messages. Try it again and let me know if you continue to have problems.
FiveCentFather

Post by FiveCentFather »

Nope. It still says I may have to participate more. :)
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Oh well! I guess it's just taking longer than I thought it would. If you can't get through this time, find me on Facebook and friend me. My name is Aida Calder.