Oregon

Find Free Believers in your area!
Ann Onymous
the middle number please (7): 7

Oregon

Post by Ann Onymous »

Network here with other free believers in Oregon.
“But you can’t access God through the intellect, It’s got to be through the heart. It’s been my experience that when you intellectualize the divine, you’re gonna get your a$$ kicked.” - Billy Corgan
barefoot lindy

Re: Oregon

Post by barefoot lindy »

Hi, I'm in Oregon.
He is not a tame lion.
izeisler

Post by izeisler »

Well I'm from Oregon too! Oregonians unite!

I live in Gresham right now but grew up in the county out in Corbett, east of the Sandy River out near the Vista House in the gorge. Been Going to the same Church all my life, but after coming back from a trip to Guatemala I decided not to go back and I feel so much freedom. I can actually be 'normal' I know how to talk to people , without religion that messed up how I looked at people. Still living at home, with my parents, it's hard because they still are very much into going to Church and they think that I am personal attacking them by not going. Since this week is father's day my Dad wanted me to go and sit with him and church. I just can't do that it's way too soon, but he thinks I am disrespecting him as a father by not going with him. I have some good friends who themselves go to church one of which is a youth pastor none of whom go to the same church as did. We get along fine, some of them are concerned for me, but there's not a lot of judging. I hoping to find some people to talk to that understand what I am talking about, most people just don't get it.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I’m not in Oregon. Actually, I’m on the other side of the country in South Carolina but I can definitely understand where you’re coming from. Some of us still attend and others don’t but we all can relate to your desire to live free from religion. We’ve all found that those who are firmly entrenched in the institution just don’t get it and can make this journey very difficult. Living at home with your parents must really be tough.

I’m glad you found us. Feel free to join in the conversations. We’d love to encourage you and also to be encouraged by you.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
lougurl

Post by lougurl »

Hey there!! Another Oregonian here! Would love to unite with the other Oregon folks as well, I am over in Newberg area. It would be great to visit or even hang with some other free believers. Glad to be here and hope to here from some of you. :D
DanetteOR

Post by DanetteOR »

Hi All,

I'm in West Linn, but I work in SE Portland close to my old college of Warner Pacific. I attended Darin's group of single adults in Phoenix waaay back when (smile). I returned to my native state in 2004. (it's a toss up: red rock and blistering sun, or deciduous trees and alot of gray days... hmmm. I like them both, though! :)

I would LOVE to meet up with other free believers and have actual conversation....!! I miss the community of "church" alot, sometimes still go in hopes of meeting folks, but it's hit and miss... is it a meeting that you leave, or a family that remains in you? Oh for the original days of cell groups once again....

Let's go, Oregonians!! Anyone for Stumptown?
Danette
KingJaymz

Post by KingJaymz »

My wife and I are just on the other side of the river in Vancouver. We'd love to gather with some like-minded folks on occasion and share our journey with others. Is anyone still here? It looks like I'm the first activity in over a year.
shepherdfam

Post by shepherdfam »

Anybody in Douglas County?