Please be cautious

Discuss all things of Faith, Theology and being a Free Believer...
AidaC
the middle number please (7): 7

Please be cautious

Post by AidaC »

This weekend, Darin spoke to a large group of more traditional believers and he’ll be doing more of that in the future. As a result, our forum will be more visible than it has been in the past so we’ll probably be picking up more spammers and trolls. I’ll try to deal with them as soon as I can but with me going back to work this week, things may sit around for several hours before I can get to it so you all need to be cautious and protect yourselves and one another.

If a posting sounds strange, do NOT respond and do NOT open any posted links. Also, I would suggest that you do NOT open any links unless it’s from members who you know and trust. If you’re not sure about something, send me a PM and I’ll check it out. Thanks.
"Smell the aroma of your union with Christ" - Andrew Farley
NaomiStar

Re: Please be cautious

Post by NaomiStar »

Hi, I am a newb to the forum (in fact, I have never really used forums before) but this is different. I have to join this forum and become part of this family. Aida, I left a comment in your blog and I look forward to spending some time getting to know you and others of like mind. I am sure God has brought me here for such a time as this...I look forward to continue learning and growing as I read around the posts. I am excited about receiving confirmation in my heart about the things God has been teaching me by getting to know you, who are further along in the journey. I already love and thank God for you.
Last edited by NaomiStar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
He Meets You Where You Are.
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I'm so glad you're here and I look forward to hearing more of your story. Thank you for commenting on my blog post and thank you for joining us here. I hope you'll enjoy the conversations.

This particular thread is more of an informative thread and it's pretty old so I'm not sure many members will see your first post. We do have a thread started where you can introduce yourself. If you'd like, you can re-post your comment there. I don't think I can move it. Anyway, here's the link if you'd like to do that. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=430

If you prefer, you can start a new thread of your own. Either way will work out fine.

I'm excited to know that your first forum is our forum. That is awesome! I remember my first forum attempt and how confused I was so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

So, welcome to our forum. We're glad you're here. Image
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

Hi I am Mike a newby just wanted to introduce myself
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

Hi Mike. Pleased to meet you. How did you find us? I hope you'll share how you found us and how you became a free believer. We'd love to know to your story. Welcome to the forum!
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:Hi Mike. Pleased to meet you. How did you find us? I hope you'll share how you found us and how you became a free believer. We'd love to know to your story. Welcome to the forum!
Hi AidaC, a friend of mine in California sent me the link to one of your messages and I really liked it.
In 1995 I came to the understanding of Christ as my life. I had been a Christian since 87 and then had a revelation Of Christ as my life. Stayed with religion for year or so after that. I helped with a group out of Dallas doing the prison ministry For several years.
My wife and I share Christ with others spontaneously As we feel led or opportunity arises. We have no church building we attend on a regular basis, We do like music from time to time but most of the messages fall way short. Most is law religion at best and a man centered gospel and I am just not interested.
So anyway looking forward to get acquainted with everyone, thanks
AidaC

Post by AidaC »

I think a lot of our members can relate to your thoughts and experiences. I totally agree with you about the music. Much of it is okay until they throw in the part that lets us know we’re not good enough. That’s when I stop singing or change the words.
Noblemen wrote:
AidaC wrote: My wife and I share Christ with others spontaneously As we feel led or opportunity arises.
It’s wonderful that you and your wife are together on this journey. I think one of the biggest problems with our modern day version of Christianity is that it’s so programmed that it’s lost its spontaneity. As a result, pre-planned programs determine what will happen as the church gathers rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to lead His church.
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:I think a lot of our members can relate to your thoughts and experiences. I totally agree with you about the music. Much of it is okay until they throw in the part that lets us know we’re not good enough. That’s when I stop singing or change the words.
Noblemen wrote:
AidaC wrote: My wife and I share Christ with others spontaneously As we feel led or opportunity arises.
It’s wonderful that you and your wife are together on this journey. I think one of the biggest problems with our modern day version of Christianity is that it’s so programmed that it’s lost its spontaneity. As a result, pre-planned programs determine what will happen as the church gathers rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to lead His church.
Yes I agree I think this is the first forumI've been in with actual free believers. How long have you guys been up and running As a website , forum so forth I still haven't had time to read other articles but I'm looking forward to it
Noblemen

Post by Noblemen »

AidaC wrote:I think a lot of our members can relate to your thoughts and experiences. I totally agree with you about the music. Much of it is okay until they throw in the part that lets us know we’re not good enough. That’s when I stop singing or change the words.
Noblemen wrote:
It’s wonderful that you and your wife are together on this journey. I think one of the biggest problems with our modern day version of Christianity is that it’s so programmed that it’s lost its spontaneity. As a result, pre-planned programs determine what will happen as the church gathers rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to lead His

Also can I post threads I like to write